6 Paper Piecing Tutorial!

Who loves Paper Piecing!  I do!! I do!! Today I'll share with you a quick tutorial on this fun and easy technique!  I'll be using my St. Jude Card Drive card for our example today!  BTW, if you haven't already done so please visit Winter's Site for the rules & details on this card drive!  Tiffany Doodles is a VERY proud sponsor!

Today we are going to paper piece together this fun little heart with wings!  I'll start with my card supply list.

  • Winged Hearts - TiffanyDoodles.com
  • Labels 10 - Spellbinders
  • Designer Paper - Paisley Road by Prima
  • Sentiment - letter stamps by Paper Studio

So, lets start by printing our digi stamp onto the copy paper. I start out by printing the stamp 3 times on 1 sheet of copy paper. Make sure they are all the same size.  I want to do the heart with the pretty turquoise flower paper so I cut a piece big enough to fit over the heart.  Then I cut a pink paper to cover 1 side of wings and orange for the other side.... (I changed this to more colors later.... you'll see).


The next step is to tape the paper over your digis! I use the blue painters tape b/c it peels off easily.  Be sure you cover the whole area that you'll be cutting out later.


Also, make sure you tape the top corners for sure, b/c your paper will be more likely to jam if you don't, like mine did! I smooshed it out really good hoping it would run through again after I taped it better!


It ran through again just fine!! After you print, you'll see it printed right on top of your designer paper!


Something to keep in mind when you are taping your paper down.  Make sure your tape doesn't cover any part of your stamp.  When you are taping you can't actually tell, but you can slightly lift your paper to make sure! I almost got too close on the top right pink wing!  Any closer and I would have to do over!  =)


Now you have your paper pieces ready to cut!  However, it was at this point that I decided to add more colors to my wings!


I used the same piece of copy paper b/c I needed 3 digis stamped the same size again.  The same paper was still usable since I carefully removed my tape the time before.  So I printed again with my new colors!


Here are all of my final pieces I used for the Winged Heart I had in mind!


Next I printed a single heart (same size) onto a sheet of card stock and cut it out.  I glued the pieces to it to make a sturdy single piece to place on my card with pop dots!


And here is my final product!  All pieced together!
I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial!  If you have a tutorial you would like to share here at Tiffany Doodles please email me what you have in mind!  I would love it if you used a Tiffany Doodles Digital Stamp for your tutorial, however it doesn't have to be - it doesn't even have to feature a stamp.  But if it does, I ask it be a digital stamp of some sort.  It can be any type of paper project, coloring technique, as long the object of focus for the tutorial doesn't feature a rubber/clear stamp.  It can be done with photos or via You Tube.

6 comments:

Isha said...

Thanks for the great Tutorial. Very Helpful:))

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this tutorial! You so ROCK this, Tiffany!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

I thought you traced over the images!! Thanks for this it does make paper piecing alot easier!

polkacabana said...

WOW!! I would have never thought to paper piece like that! I love it and will have to try it sometime:)

sunghee said...

You are brilliant! I always printed it on a separate pattern papers and thus alwasy wasting lots of papers. I shall try this next time.

Terri said...

You rock!!! This will come in handy, thank you so much!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!