7 How to use a Digital Stamp in Word

A beginner's Tutorial...


I'm always surprised at the number of people who come here and are totally new to digital stamping! I wanted to create this basic tutorial to help those beginners. Especially the ones who don't have the photo editing software, like Photoshop, Elements, or Paint Shop Pro.

Opening a Digital stamp in Word (with resizing, rotating and moving!)
Note: I'm using Word 2007 so the menu items may vary in different versions, but most references will be the same.
1. Open a new Word Document.
2. Go to your 'Insert' menu and choose 'Picture from File'. When the dialog box opens go to the location where you saved your digital stamp file, click it and choose 'Insert'.
3. The image will open in your new document in it's original size with a selection box around it with "handles" in each corner.

4. If you need to resize your image to fit your project then simple click on one of the corner handles and drag it out (or in) to suit your needs.  Note: if you are using a digital stamp that is made to fit a specific die cut then don't resize it b/c it's already made to fit.
5. If you done and ready to print your image. Just go to File > Print.
But, let's say you want to create a scene for your card by adding another image to go with the flower. The first thing you need to do is (while your flower is selected you should be on your Picture Format Menu.)
6. Go to 'Text Wrapping' and select 'Behind Text'. What this little trick does is it allows you to move your image anywhere on the page that you want it. Even if there is something else on the page. We will move it in a minute.

7. Next, I want to rotate this flower to point in another direction. So while the image is still selected, put your mouse over the green handle on top of your image. Your mouse will turn into little arrows going in a circle. This means that you can now drag your mouse and your image will turn!  Note: this will only pivot the image on it's axis and not move it!  So spin it 'round.... like so...

Now, I think this flower needs a hummingbird!  I want to add another image to my little flower scene.
8. Repeat Step #2 above and you will have something like this... B/c you put your flower image behind text earlier, this let your hummer come in right on top of it!  But we need to buzz that hummer around a little.

9. Now with your new hummingbird image selected repeat Step #6 above and put it 'behind text'. Now you can move your bird right where you want it!

Remember to keep your eye on your ruler at the top of your document and think about the size of your card. Right now I feel like my images are too big to fit my card so I'm going to resize them and move them around a bit. You already know how to achieve this by using the steps above to get your scene just how you want it! Just drag their corners and make them smaller and move them around!
I hope you got something out of this tutorial!  I have more planned for you!

7 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Great tutorial, Tiff! So clear and concise!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Thanks for sharing this your step by step instructions are very clear and concise. I was having problems resizing dig.images before .
Marilyn

Shirley G said...

WOW I have been using digis for over 6 months now, but just one at a time. I could never figure out how to combine them. THANK you so much for this tutorial! It will change my cards drastically!

hugs,
Shirley

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Thanks for your tutorial, I use Publisher which is similar. Any new tricks to learn are always appreciated!

Danielle said...

Tiffany, thanks so much for your tutorial! I always have to ask how to do this because for some reason it never sticks in my brain. Now, I can refer to your fantastic tutorial!

Jo M said...

Thank you for an easy to follow tutorial. Once you have your images matched together would you suggest grouping them so that they can then be resized &/or moved together. What is the easiest way of doing this in Word 2007. (It is so easy in Word 2003)?

Nana Donna said...

Wow, Tiff I just found this tutorial this is great information. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!