3 Desktop Note Box Tutorial

Recycled Shake-N-Bake box Tutorial!  This is a fun way to reuse boxes in your pantry!  I needed something on my desk to hold all my index cards that are everywhere!  I jot notes down all over the place and now I have a cute little box to put them in!


I had already gotten this far in my project when I decided to start photographing to make a tutorial.  I could tell I was gonna like this and thought other people might like it too!!   So to start.... I cut the top of my box at an angle as you can see below.  I then proceed to cover it in some pretty paper!

I didn't feel the need to cover the inside too, but you can!

This is what it looked like after I got it all wrapped up!

Next, my box was so lightweight I though it might tip over easily so I needed something to weight it down and make the bottom heavy.  After looking around my craft room - the best idea I could come up with was to glue down these little flat glass marbles, you can get a whole bag of them from the dollar store!

Next, I thought it needed some pretty feet!  I got a little baggie of these tiny wood pieces from Hobby Lobby and painted them silver and glued them right on in each corner!  I think having feet on items make it look much more dainty!

Next, I cut a string of this plastic beading from Wal-mart and glued it around the top edge!  Very simple!

Then make yourself a label for the front and decorate in any way you'd like!  Hope this tutorial inspired you to make something today!!  If this tutorial has been helpful to you please leave me a comment!! =)

3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Great idea to jazz up a box and turn it into something practical....love it!

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

This is so neat. Thanks for the inspiration. Needed something for my notes, too. Make a bunch of them while I'm on the computor and watching tv in the living room. This will keep my memo pads organized.
Thanks again and have a great creative day!
hugs
bobbi

Ruby said...

Love this Tiff!! What a great idea!! Love how you've weighted it down and the little feet and pearls make it look really elegant! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Blog Home | Store Home | TD Flickr Gallery | About | Terms | Support | Contact Tiffany
Tiffany's Garden | TLillian Blog Design | Web Design and Photography

Powered by Blogger

Wondering about my Blog Design? Long story...
Originally a WordPress Theme Design by New WP Themes | Then made for Blogger by Lasantha | Then totally Re-Designed, Re-formatted & made Pretty by me, Tiffany!